- Independently operate Laser Tracker (w/Verisurf Software) to perform inspection, ensuring project meets customer specifications.
- Interpret tolerances (both on print and CAD) GD&T, Linear and any other customer specification.
- Produce easily understood and visually appealing inspection reports that include written descriptions, 3-D pictures, and data tables (MS Office).
- Good mechanical skills and aptitude.
- Effective communication both in the engineering office and on the shop floor.
- Evaluate equipment and work with customers and manufacturing team to develop and perform measurement plans for inspections, alignments, and reverse engineering.
- Follow policy and procedures including safe working practices.
- Assist in completing projects outside inspection department.
- Any additional duties assigned by management.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with a Laser Tracker, Verisurf software experience
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints including geometric tolerance and understanding of general tolerances and GD&T
- Skills performing inspection of tooling, details and sub-assemblies and setting of details, scan and crunch N/C surface.
- Assist in the building tools, molds, and jigs from start to finish (build/cnc experience a plus).
- Understand reference systems & how to create them (Feature Algin’s, 3-2-1’s, etc..)
- Strong computer skills and ability to use Microsoft office.
- Must be available to work weekends and overtime and off shifts if necessary.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective speaking and listening skills.
- Ability to read complex blueprints.
- Ability to identify and find specifications.
- Understanding of general tolerances
- Knowledge of geometric tolerances
- Understand rectangular reference system.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
TRAVEL – 20%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’).