Robotic Tech / Welder
Implements all functions involved with operation of robotic welding equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs work safely, follows all safety rules, uses required PPE, reports all accidents and near accidents, and attends required safety training.
- Performs all functions involved in operation of robotic welder, including: programming, touch point, and operations corrections.
- Positions and secures work pieces using proper equipment.
- Performs basic MIG and TIG welding techniques as needed.
- Maintains company quality, efficiency, and productivity standards.
- Reads job specifications (e.g. blueprints, quality control plans and/or traveler notes) to determine type of welding and material requirements.
- Uses equipment and supplies to perform work in accordance with operational standards.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or traveler notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Production Supervisor.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment and machines.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- May perform other related duties or work at different workstations as production needs require.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Certificate or degree in welding is preferred;
- At least twelve months welding experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of an internal welding test
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of welding equipment and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials application for various steel alloys and SS, aluminum, etc.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to use hand held measuring tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents like blueprints, welding symbols safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. GD&T Skills required
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and vendors.
- Ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to the job – including E2
- Ability to communicate in English to the extent necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Regularly requires to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to bend and stoop.
- Specific vision abilities required: close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work performed in a shop environment: exposed to dust, odors, fumes, heat, loud noise, and other elements.
- Use of proper protective equipment as required or recommended: eye protection, hearing protection, safety footwear, gloves, welding shield.