- Work with many types of alloys (aluminum, steel, graphite materials, etc.)
- Examines blueprints and/or MBD for templates, jigs, fixtures, or other bond tools to be built.
- Capable of using micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Joins assembly components, using bolts, pins, clamps, screws, rivets, or other methods.
- Use of hand tools, power tools, and various shop equipment
- Repairs or reworks tools.
- Bench, sand and deburr tools.
- Ability to communicate with all departments and work shifts (irregularities, and continuing needs).
- Accurately track time (hours) on all jobs
- Any additional duties assigned by management.
- Promote good housekeeping by ensuring a clean and orderly workspace.
- Maintain safe operations to safety regulations.
- Operate crane, forklift, and heaving machinery.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and GD&T.
- Basic math skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in setup and operating lathes, bridgeport, surface grinder, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both upper management and floor employees.
- Able to work varied shifts, overtime, and weekends when necessary.
- Positive, collaborative, and open-minded attitude.
- Self-motivated, responsible and requires minimal direction.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to work with management team to help drive performance of location.
As necessary (15%)
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee daily while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, employees may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, and airborne particles.
- The employee may be exposed to vibration.
- The employee may be exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands.
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understand that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’)
The Schwab Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Schwab Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin sex, protected veteran status, or disability.